Thursday, July 5, 2012

Follow Friday #51




Follow Friday is hosted by the lovely Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read If you'd like to participate, it's easy. To learn more and get started, go check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!

-------------------------------------------
Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

A: Well there really aren't many genres I don't like lol. But I would say Horror used to be one of my lesser favorites just because I'd only read a few books in that genre and wasn't crazy about them, so after that I'd never given it much of a chance.

Then I got an ARC copy of Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry courtesy of NetGalley. Now even though I wasn't a big Horror fan before I've always been fascinated by Zombies so I decided to give that one a shot, and boy was I glad I did! I ended up LOVING it! And ever since then I've been getting more and more into the Horror genre (still working my way towards Stephen King!). I'm happy to say that it's definitely moved up on my list of favorite genres!

Have a great weekend and happy reading!


11 comments:

  1. Awesome. I am not a horror person either. Anna Dressed in Blood freaks me out just looking at it. I have visions of Supernatural and it goes downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read that many horror books either and have yet to read any Stephen King as well. I really don't know why I haven't cause I'm not that easily scared. I will have to look out for Dead of Night. I love Zombies!

    New follower! :)

    My FF:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I've never really tried horror. I don't know whether or not I'd like it. I don't scare easily.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't do horror! I'm too chicken $hit. I'd be up all night with the light on. lol I cant even watch horror flicks.

    New follower via GFC

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read Stephen King, My fave is The Stand. But haven't read him in a very long time.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was never much of a horror reader myself. Although I did read a few when paranormal wasn't a big genre back in the day!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually read horror either - too scary! I used to love Stephen King until I just couldn't sleep anymore :D

    I'm a new GFC follower.

    If you're interested in my answer to this week's question, please hop over to my FF #2 and find out.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only horror i read is Stephen King and alot of his books lately I wouldn't even class as horror. I think he is more about the psychological thrillers these days.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not into horror myself, like mysteries.

    http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I don't normally like Horror either, but I've been meaning to try it!
    Old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read a couple of horror books but I tend to stay away from them esp if I am reading late at night in the dark!!!

    New follower via GFC!

    Come visit me at my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)