Friday, September 9, 2011

Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA Fantasy


"The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood."
~Goodreads


-------------------------------------------------------------

*fangirly squeal* Okay so Bloodlines was amazing! It blew me away and was even better than I expected it to be!


I’d been eagerly waiting for this book to come out, and I have to admit it was because my favorite character ever Adrian Ivashkov (seriously love him!) is a main character in this book. After the Vampire Academy series ended I was left still wanting to see more of Adrian and luckily for me he came back as a main character in this series. I could honestly just ramble on about Adrian but I’ll spare you all from that ;)


I wasn’t the biggest fan of Sydney VA, so at first I didn’t think I’d like her any better in this series. But after reading this I have to say I really like Sydney now, you get to know her more and she really grows on you. She shows more strength than you saw from her in VA and she’s also got some cheekiness in this book (which I loved) So if you’re wary about reading this because you’re not a big fan of her character, don’t let that stop you from picking it up because it’s more than worth the read!

Bloodlines had a lot of wonderful twists and turns, it was exciting and at other times had me literally laughing out loud, which of course earned me plenty of weird looks haha. The characters were portrayed amazingly and the story was delivered in true Richelle Mead style. Also if you haven’t read the Vampire Academy series, you’re totally missing out! I would recommend reading that series before you read Bloodlines because that way you’ll get to know several of the characters better beforehand, and you’ll be more familiar with the back history that’s mentioned in Bloodlines.

I know this is one of the shorter reviews I’ve posted but I don’t want to give away any spoilers from this book or VA, and I’d hate to ruin either of them for anyone else! I truly loved this book and highly recommend it, definitely a must read in my opinion.

5 Stars!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)