Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #30


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week is:

Title: Incarnation
Author: Emma Cornwall
Publication Date: September 18th, 2012


"Lucy Weston tracks down the novelist Bram Stroker in her search to reveal the dark force who made her a vampire—and regain her humanity in the process.
In the steampunk world of Victorian London, Lucy Weston, a character in Dracula, seeks out Bram Stoker to discover why he deliberately lied about her in his popular novel. With Stoker’s reluctant help, she tracks the creature who transformed her from the sensual underworld where humans vie to become vampires to a hidden cell beneath a temple to madness and finally into the glittering Crystal Palace where death reigns supreme.
Haunted by fragmentary memories of her lost life and love, Lucy battles her thirst for blood as she struggles to stop a catastrophic war that will doom vampires and humans alike. Ultimately, she makes a choice that illuminates for her—and for us—the true nature of what it means to be human." ~See it on Goodreads
Okay so how awesome does this book sound?! I've read a good amount of Vampire books already this year, they seem to be making quite a comeback with all these new ones coming out. This seems like it has a fresh take on Vampires so I'm really excited to see how this one turns out. Plus it's set in Victorian London which is one of my absolute favorite eras! :)


Now of course I can't end this without mentioning the cover, um can you say gorgeous?! The girl on the front looks strong and mysterious, plus she's a redhead which I have to say I'm a sucker for (it's one of my two favorite hair colors lol). I also adore the whole Steampunk feel this cover has, from her dress to the gears and thingamabobs that blend in with the buildings in the background. It's perfection :)


What are you waiting on?


6 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing. I haven't heard of it, til you mentioned it! I'm going to put it on my TBR right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds interesting. And the cover is fantastic. Hope you enjoy!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read. I love that cover. Here is my WoW
    Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on "steampunk" but this book sounds awesome! I'm a big fan of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds like it will be good. I hadn't heard about this one :)
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh what an intriguing read! Haven't heard of this one yet, but it sounds stellar! :)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)