Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #18


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This weeks "can't-wait-to-read" pick for me is:


Drink, Slay, Love
Author: Sarah Beth Durst 
Publication Date: September 13th, 2011


"Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire... fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King's feast -- as the entrees.

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?"
~Goodreads


---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this book sounds really interesting, it has a unique storyline (well to me at least) and hopefully it'll be as good as I want it to be. I'm really looking forward to picking this one up!

What are you waiting on?




14 comments:

  1. Ok....now I'm hooked. I have to know how she resolves this. It's definitely going on my 'to-read' pile. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Here's my WoW if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one.

    Here's my WOW pick :)

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book does look really good. A little different. I like that. Here's my WOW: http://fivealarmbookreviews.com/2011/08/17/waiting-on-wednesday-the-rose-garden/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that cover a few places now. It is a really great cover.
    Oh the joy of waiting for that book to come out eh!

    MichelleKCanada @AnotherLookBook
    http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone for dropping by my blog and commenting! :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower :)

    I am really excited for this book!! It looks amazing :)

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-7-half-blood.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that sounds really interesting. o.O I'm adding it to my list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for this. Love a vampire twist, and am so excited that the vampire is a girl! They seem to always be boys. Thanks for stopping by my WoW, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to be reading this one soon - it looks great and I can't wait to dive into it.

    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. I've got an egalley of this waiting to be read!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds cute and quirky. =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO excited for this one too! Awesome pick!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds good!!I might just have to check that out :) Thanks for the comment by the way! I love your blog title!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linds,

    Thanks for stopping by! :) And it was my pleasure to comment, love your blog :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)