Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly event hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic: Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most!

This is probably one of my favorite topics so far! I have so many favorite books/series but there are always those certain ones that I constantly recommend. I cheated a bit by listing some series on here :p Now these aren't in any particular order, mind you:

1. The Fault in Our Stars ~ by John Green
If you haven't read this, you simply must! It's a wonderfully emotional ride and brilliantly written. Also one of the sweetest romances EVER!

2. The Vampire Academy Series ~ by Richelle Mead
This will forever be a favorite of mine. I know some people tire of the endless supply of vampire books, but there is one simple reason that this series is on you should make an exception for. And I can explain that in two simple words... Adrian Ivashkov!

3. The Iron Fey Series ~ by Julie Kagawa
This is one of my favorite Faerie based series, swoon worth characters, wonderful faerie lore, and an original storyline, what more could we ask for?? lol. If you're a lover of the Fae and haven't read this, I do believe it's high time you did.

4. Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door ~ by Stephanie Perkins
Yes I cheated by mentioning two books here, but they're both such cute and fun reads! If you're a fan of contemporary or even if you aren't these are great books if you want something light, fun, and sweet!

5. The Book Thief ~ by Markus Zusak
This book is amazing, and should be on everyones TBR lists! 

6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone ~ by Laini Taylor
If you haven't read this... you SO don't even know what you're missing!! I can't even explain ho good this is, and luckily for those who haven't read it yet, if you read it now you don't have to wait on the second book to come out!

7. The Luxe Series ~ by Anna Godbersen
I'm a huge fan of historical fiction, and especially love the Victorian time period. If you're a fan of that as well you absolutely have to read these book!! Scandal, secrets, and romance, all set against a wonderful Victorian backdrop.... YES PLEASE!

8. The Delirium Series ~ by Lauren Oliver
A new favorite Dystopian series and a must read in my opinion! 

9. Splintered ~ by A.G. Howard
I adore Alice in Wonderland and when I came across this book and saw that it was a re-telling, of course I had to read it! And I loved every single bit of it! It's based more on the original story of how Lewis Carroll was inspired to write Alice in Wonderland, but that gave it a unique edge.

10. The Leviathan Series ~ by Scott Westerfeld 
If I had to describe this in two words, they would have to be: Steampunk Brilliance! Honestly, everyone may not be interested in this type of book, but if you even remotely think you may like it.. then definitely READ IT!

What's your Top Ten this week?

5 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see The Book Thief on some lists and I'm glad it made yours. That is one of the most moving and memorable books I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! The Book Thief is amazing and one book I will remember always!

      Delete
  2. Daughter Of Smoke And Bone. Yes. Yes yes yes. Yes infinity.

    I love VA, TFiOS, Anna, and The Book Thief. I didn't love Iron Fey, but I liked it. And I have Delirium sitting on my nightstand, calling to me. So, yeah. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all so good, there was a few I had to leave off partly because I'm constantly mentioning them anyways and people are sure to know about them lol.

      But you definitely need to get to Delirium soon! And you should read the rest of the Iron Fey books, it gets even better as the books go on. But I may be biased lol

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I like this list :) We have a few in common, and i really need to get around to The Book Thief. I also keep debating trying out the Leviathan series, since I do like steampunk. May need to put it on the list now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)