Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy...But are Still Sitting on My Shelf Unread




Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly event hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic: Top Ten Books I HAD to Buy...But are Still Sitting on My Shelf Unread

To be quite honest there are several of these that I'm ashamed to not have read yet *head desk* somehow they just got pushed aside in the rotation and I still haven't gotten back to them. I most definitely need to remedy that!

1. The Great Gatsby ~ by Scott F. Fitzgerald
2. Dark Lover ~ by J.R. Ward
3. Under the Dome ~ by Stephen King
4. Anansi Boys ~ by Neil Gaiman
5. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making ~ by Catherynne M. Valente
6. Eve ~ by Anna Carey
7. Hourglass ~ by Myra McEntire 
8. Ruby Red ~ by Kerstin Gier
9. Half-Blood ~ by Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. Everblue ~ by Brenda Pandos

What are your Top Ten picks this week?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, but I read another one of her books, The Orphan's Tale, which I really loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Dark Lover awhile ago. Everyone seems to love it so maybe it was the wrong time for me then, because I didn't really. I actually forget almost everything about it lol.

    I can't even make one of these lists since I'm borderline OCD about not letting a book sit unread on my shelf for longer than a few weeks. Ha. But looks like you've got a bit of reading ahead of ya, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have gotten to ANANSI BOYS but Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS is one that's been hanging around my shelves (though didn't make it to my TTT list - it would be pages long if I listed them all!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I think you need to make sure you read The Great Gatsby ASAP, especially since the movie is releasing soon! It really is a wonderful book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO want to read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - I've heard nothing but great things about it.

    And The Great Gatsby is AMAZING. I just read it for the first time this past summer and LOVED it. I think I appreciated it more since I'm not being forced to read it like so many were in school...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Anansi Boys! I should have listed that one as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eve was a fun read (is that an acceptable word for a dystopian?!).

    Under the Dome is intimidating when you look at it, but it flies by - I read it in one weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. Dark Lover and the whole series sat on my shelf a while too. I finally got it started. It's a good series. Though I've randomly stopped reading them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)