Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Title: Touch of Power
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Publication Date: December 20th, 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy

"Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.
Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...." ~See it on Goodreads
------------------------------------------- 

The first thought I had when I got finished reading Touch of Power was, what the heck took me so long to read this?! I mean honestly, there’s really no excuse for it. I’d been wanting to read it ever since it came out and after I kept seeing such great reviews on it, but for some crazy reason it took me forever to get around to it and I could kick myself for taking so long!

I was completely enthralled by the pure brilliance of this book. It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of epic fantasy and this book didn’t let me down in the least. I loved the world that Ms. Snyder created, it’s unique and unlike any that I’ve read about. The writing was extremely well done and the plot twists keep you on the edge of your seat and your eyes glued to the page. The attention to detail is impeccable and I loved how she took Lilies and made them into something not only gorgeous but deadly.

The characterization was amazing and there was a roller coaster of emotions, and I became extremely attached to the characters. I absolutely adored Avry! She made her way onto my list of favorite heroines almost instantly, and Poppa Bear was another big favorite! Over the course of reading this book I laughed, I cried (more than once), and at times just sat there utterly entranced. But that just goes to show you how good it really was.

I guess one good thing that came of me waiting so long to read this is that I didn’t have to wait a long time to get my hands on the second book, Scent of Magic! Which, by the way, I cant wait to start! And now I’m determined to read as much of Ms. Snyders other work as I possibly can!

Highly recommend this one!

5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. Yayayayayayay! I'm so glad you loved this! I've got to reread it soon so I can finally get Scent Of Magic.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book definitely deserves more than 5 stars.

    great review.

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)