Friday, March 29, 2013

Follow Friday #58



Follow Friday is hosted by the lovely Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read If you'd like to participate, it's easy. To learn more and get started, go check out: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Join the fun and make some new friends!
Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you’ve ever read in a book – and how did you react?
A: Oh geez, anyone who knows me is very aware of how much of a sap I am lol. The first few scenes from books that come to mind are:

The Fault in Our Stars ~ The funeral scene near the end *sigh* I don't want to give spoilers for those who haven't read it (which by the way if you are one of those people, you simply must read it. Now.) but that scene really stuck with me and needless to say I was a mess afterward. There are several other scenes in this book that were very emotional, but that one I think stayed with me the most.

Marley and Me, & Where the Red Fern Grows ~ These two books had me completely in tears by the end of both of these books. I'm a huge animal lover so these two just tore me to pieces.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan ~ This whole book had me completely beside myself with emotion, I mean honestly I was A MESS! I don't want to spoil it i you haven't read it, but it's just heart wrenching .

Also: The Book Thief  is another one but I won't get into that lol.

And yes I know I totally cheated and mentioned more than one, but as you all know by now I never can restrict myself to these limitations when it comes to books! Lol

Have a great weekend and happy reading lovelies!


Also I just want to mention that since non-Blogger members aren't able to follow through GFC anymore, I would really appreciate it if you'd consider following me through email subscription, RSS feed, or Google Reader (while it's still available). I'd also just like to say thanks so much to everyone who follows already and to any new followers!

15 comments:

  1. I mentioned TFiOS in my post too, I was so emotional throughout! ): And I agree with Snow Flower and The Book Thief too! Whilst I haven't read Marley & Me, I cried so much watching the end of the film that my brother vowed he would never ever go to the cinema with me again, as apparently it was embarassing. ;)

    New follower by the way! :)
    My FF

    Eleanor @ La p'tite bibliothèque

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also mentioned TFiOS in my post. It's so sad! I couldn't pick a specific scene though.

    New follower!

    The Mile Long Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also cried when I read The Book Thief. That book is simply amazing!

    New Follower via GFC!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fault in Our Stars is such an amazing book! :)

    My FF

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
    New Follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks there!

    I feel so bad I haven't been by your blog in a while :(

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marley and Me is really a tear jerker.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Oh no - Marley and Me. I was reading that at a down moment in work and sobbing. Then I got a phone call and had to sound composed.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fault in our stars sounds great I really need to read it. I've been meaning to borrow the book theif from my mum for a while aswell.
    new follower <3
    my FFF post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems The Fault in Our Stars is being mentioned a lot. Of course it is because it was that crazy emotional. Haha. And I also mentioned The Book Thief. :) I haven't read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I should add that to my list. I like reads that get me all emotional...maybe I like to torture myself. I don't know. There's just something about them.

    Also, I didn't mention it, but you and I both know how tore up we were after reading Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr. :(

    Ha. Talk soon, Taytot.

    <3
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched Marley & Me and bawled my eyes out. :( Such a sad movie
    Kristin @Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I need to read this book ASAP!

    Great blog :)
    I'm now following you!
    Here's my post: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2013/03/follow-friday-15.html
    Xo - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great choices!

    old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Lots of reads there! Haven't read any of them myself, but hearing a lot about Where the Red Fern Grows today!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can never pick just one book for FF either! The funeral scene is the main one that did me in with The Fault in Our Stars. I forgot about Where the Red Fern Grows...anything with animals is guaranteed to make me cry like a baby. Thanks for visiting my FF! I'm a new GFC and Goodreads follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower. Happy Easter!
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)