Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: The Golden Lily + Special Feature!


So my lovely friend Pixie and I decided to get together and do a special feature for The Golden Lily so we could properly share our Adrian love with all of you! So be sure to check out her special post and review of The Golden Lily over at her blog: The Bookaholic!



Title: The Golden Lily (Bloodlines#2)
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: YA - Fantasy
"The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series
Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher." ~See it on Goodreads
----------------------------------------------- 

Okay, first of all I just have to state the simple fact that Adrian Ivashkov is amazing! Lol. He is probably one of my most loved characters out of any series/book I’ve read, I’ve adored him ever since he was introduced in the Vampire Academy series. I still like Dimitri of course but Adrian is on a whole different level. If only he were real… *sigh* lol.

I loved Bloodlines when I read it so I was dying to get my hands on The Golden Lily, and it did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form! It’s funny because in the beginning when Bloodlines was first announced I wasn’t sure if I’d like it all that much because I wasn’t the biggest fan of Sydney when she came into the VA series, but I loved Adrian and was still hoping he’d get his happy ending (especially after what happened at the end of the VA series). But I was totally and pleasantly surprised with this series, and as much as I loved Bloodlines, I think this book was even better. I literally could not put it down; I was totally immersed from the start and barely came up for air.

Adrian had me laughing out loud on several occasions as usual, and as I said in my review of Bloodlines I’m really starting to like Sydney. I’m getting to know her a lot better than I did in VA and going through her journey and seeing her struggles she has to overcome in the situation she’s faced with really make her more relatable and memorable.

This review seems so short to me but it’s just so hard not to give away spoilers!! Lol. But I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who hasn’t read the first book in the series yet, which I highly recommend by the way! I also recommend that you read the Vampire Academy series if you haven’t yet because some of the events and back story from that series carries over into this one, and also because it’s truly an amazing series and one of my favorites for life!

This book was action packed, character driven, and full of witty dialogue and impeccable detail. Richelle Mead has reminded me yet again why I love and respect her writing so much; she’s definitely a favorite author and huge inspiration. To put it simply I absolutely loved this book, and now I’m dying to get my hands on Indigo Spell!!

5 huge stars!
---------------------------------------------

Now as I mentioned in my review above I'm dying to get Indigo Spell which is the third book in the Bloodlines series. And for those of you who haven't seen it here's the cover and the synopsis!!

"After an event that changed Sydney and Adrian’s lives forever, Sydney struggles to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring Marcus Finch, a former Alchemist who pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her. And when Sydney comes face to face with an evil magic user, she finally begins to embrace the mysterious magic she knows she holds within . . .

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood." ~See it on Goodreads
How awesome does that sound?! And that cover is amazing, I seriously have no idea how I'm gonna hold out until this one is released! 

And since I've been totally fan-girling over Adrian, I'll leave you with some of my favorite quotes by him:

--------------------------------------------

“Besides, when not hard at work with this research, I'm actually conducting a side experiment on how cigarettes and gin increase charisma. As you might guess, the results are looking very promising.” 

“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.” 

“Nice blouse, Sage,” Adrian told me, deadpan. “It really brings out the khaki in your pants.”

“The greatest changes in history have come when people were able to shake off what others told them to do.” 

2 comments:

  1. I love Adrian too! And I loved Bloodlines a lot more than I thought I would as well, because I didn't find Sydney all that amazing in VA -- but in this series I've turned out to like her a lot. It's so amazing how different her voice is from Rose's too. :) Richelle Mead is awesome! Great review!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I read bloodlines, so I think ill check out this book too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)