Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #1


Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly event hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic:

Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books:

1. “Lord, what fools these mortals be!” ~A Midsummer Nights Dream

2. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” ~Wuthering Heights

3. "Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished, just to stay near it." ~The Book Thief

4. "Do you know," Peter asked, "why swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to the stories." ~Peter Pan

5. “I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun." ~The Hunger Games

6. “Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?” ~The Iron King

7. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once." ~The Fault in Our Stars

8. “And he smiled at her, truely smiled- wicked and lovely...” ~Wicked Lovely

9. “I want to change the world, and do something valuable and beautiful. I want people to remember me before I'm dead, and then more afterwards.” ~My Booky Wook

10. “I know how devastated you must be to miss me, but leave a message, and I'll try to ease your agony” ~Blood Promise 



This list barely scratches the surface of all my favorite book quotes lol. Also, this is my first Top Ten Tuesday post, I'd been wanting to start doing this for awhile and FINALLY got around to it! :) 

What's your top ten?

13 comments:

  1. I love all of these quotes, especially the first three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES to 3, 6, and 10. Fantastic list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAH THE IRON KING. <3 I love Puck. So snarky and sassy! Great quote lineup here!

    New Follower!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love Puck too! :D And thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. A great list - I love all of these quotes! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a lot of these too. They made me want to reread old favorites and read books that have been languishing on my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote from A Midsummer's Night Dream! I love that play. And we both picked the same quote from The Book Thief!

    YAY for your first TTT!!! Thanks so much for joining in! We hope you'll participate again! :)

    Jen at The Broke and the Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love The Hunger Games and A Midsummer Night's Dream quotes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a brilliant list. #10 made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your quotes. They made me smile. My favorites were the quotes from The Book Thief and Wicked Lovely. I just finished that book today (Wicked Lovely)!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make me happy! I read all of them and reply as soon as I can :) Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much to everyone for all of your support!! :)